Sponsored Links
Everyone is so much curious to try Microsoft Windows 8 Consumer Preview. But I did not feel much excitement as I have already tested Windows 8 when it was released as Developer Preview last September. I, too, earlier tried to install Windows 8 as a guest on VMware Workstation 7. But it failed. Windows 8 does not support old virtualization software. You may get the below error:
"Your Computer Ran into Problem and Need to Restart".
See the screenshot:
You cannot try Windows 8 on VMware Workstation 7! You have to install latest version of VMware, VMware Workstation 8. You can download 30 days trial of VMware WS 8 from here.
Windows 8 CP can be installed on below Virtualization platforms:
- Hyper-V in Windows 8 Developer Preview
- Hyper-V in Windows Server 2008 R2
- VMware Workstation 8.0 for Windows
- VirtualBox 4.1.2 for Windows
Windows 8 CP cannot be installed on below Virtualization platforms:
- Microsoft Virtual PC (all versions)
- Microsoft Virtual Server (all versions)
- Windows 7 XP Mode
- VMWare Workstation 7.x or older